Limu moui is of the brown seaweed family native to the coastal regions of the islands of Tonga. The people of Tonga have been consuming Limu Moui for three thousand years. Research has shown them to be one of the longest lived civilizations in the world. It is not unusual to find a number of healthy people over the age of 100 years old. They have been harvesting and consuming Limu Moui for over 3,000 years and have long believed this to be a source of longevity and health. They also apply it topically.
Limu Moui contains a biochemical called fucoidan. There are more than 900 scientific studies of the benefits of fucoidan found on www.pubmed.gov, The National Library of Medicine. It has been compared to human breast milk because of it’s many nutrient similarities. It is the high concentrations of fucoidan that makes limu moui so unique, and fucoidan, although a necessary nutritional building block, cannot be found in land based plants.
Limu Original is reconstituted pure Tongan Limu Moui extract of the whole Sphaerotrichia divaricata sea plant. Therefore, it is a whole food known as the “perfect food.”
Here are some interesting facts about limu moui:
- People consume it for an increased longevity and a better resistance to disease
- It is a nutritive sea plant that is loaded with vitamins and colloidal minerals gleaned by the plant from the ocean itself
- It contains fucoidan, which is a natural substance that may have anti tumor and anticancer properties, according to research studies found on www.pubmed.gov
- Fucoidan is known to help provide the body with superb immune support, according to “Limu Moui”, by Rita Elkins.
- Limu moui has large amounts of live plant enzymes that one cannot find in cooked foods. These enzymes are known to improve protein digestion, immune function, and the overall health of those that consume it.
- As an extract, there is an even wider variety of therapeutic applications.
What do the antioxidants that are in limu moui actually do for you?
- Detoxify the body of heavy metals, free radicals, and toxins
- Aide in the growth of hair and nails as well as improve the structure of skin
- Improve gastrointestinal function
- Reduce high blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Protect cells from damage and malignant replication
- Will help fight degenerative diseases and aging on a cellular level
- All this and more according to Rita Elkins and the research found on www.pubmed.gov, National Library of Medicine.